Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One Week

As of today (Tuesday), I have officially been in Japan for one week.  I can't believe how much my life has changed and how much I've been able to do in such a short time!  God is good.  :D

Anyway, today has been pretty chill.  I went to two of Carol's classes today, and all the ladies I met were super nice!  For some reason everyone had omiyage (souvenirs) today, so I had some nice snacks, plus I got a cloth napkin (?) and a magnet from Hawaii.  Plus, one of the ladies has a daughter who's a designer and she had samples of some of their hats, scarves, etc. that normally would've been thrown away but she offered them to us.  There was a lot of really cute stuff!  So here's my haul from today.  (It's ridiculous how much stuff I've already accumulated in Japan...)


Such cute stuff that I got for free!  I wore the scarf with stars today.  :D  The hat is super warm!  I'll definitely be wearing it.  And that hat is something to add to the list of things Becky and I have in common, because she has the exact same one.  We also have the same green plaid shirt from Kohl's, both like Bath & Body Works, both stay up late...  I feel like there's more, but yeah.  Lots in common.  :D

In the afternoon, Carol, Becky and I went to Sati, the department store, for groceries and such (I definitely want to spend some time wandering around in there soon), and then we had dinner at a Japanese restaurant in the food court.  It may have been just a food court, but the food at that restaurant was pretty legit.  This is demiglace omelet rice, and it was delicious.  I'll be back at that food court for sure, because it has KFC and Baskin-Robbins, among other things.  :D


So yeah, now I know how to get to Sati.  :D  Which is also good to know because the movie theater is right next to it and Harry Potter comes out soon~  And Carol, I learned, is also a fan.  Yay, someone to go see it with!

Anyway, that was pretty much my excitement for the day.  Other than that, I did laundry, sat around on the Internet, and got some info from Becky about materials I can use to teach (I start a brand-new kids' class tomorrow o_0) and about my schedule.  I wrote a bunch of dates and stuff into my extremely professional schedule book that they other missionaries, knowing my classy taste, bought for me.


You have no idea how much love I have for this schedule book.

Anyway, writing all the dates and stuff in, and finding out about some of the upcoming stuff I have the opportunity to do, was pretty cool!  I have lots of opportunities to meet people and do things and yeah, I think I'm gonna get busy soon, in a good way.  :D  (For those who have been asking me about my work schedule, it's actually pretty erratic, and will probably be even more so once I start taking Japanese classes, which will hopefully be soon.)

A final thought: I tried Pepsi Mont Blanc today, Japan's most recent weird soda flavor.  I've heard it compared to cream soda, but I think it tastes pretty chestnutty.  I actually liked it quite a bit.  Maybe I'll get it again sometime.  :D








2 comments:

  1. Well, chestnut makes sense. Mont Blanc is, after all, a dessert made of chestnuts and cream. It is apparently the flavor of the season. Everything at the supermarket is mont blanc, and at Haagen Daaz if you live near one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the schedule book:)
    Great hat and scarves and stuff!
    It is fun to read your blog and remember my first time in Japan, in Tsu! I wonder where my journal is from that time...

    ReplyDelete