Friday, November 19, 2010

The End of Daily Posts?

As you may have noticed, it's been a while since I posted a blog.  Why?  Because...well, because I don't really have exciting stuff to post about every day anymore, haha.  Which is good in a way, I suppose, because that means I'm settling in and getting into the swing of things here.

What I have been doing the past few days:

☆ Teaching classes, and sitting in on other classes that I'll be taking over as of next week.  Basically...doing my job?  XD;;  I have about six or seven classes right now, I think, but I'm sure I'll be getting more once I start really getting the hang of things.

☆  Attending my first Japanese class with Ishikawa-sensei.  It was also my first time riding the train by myself, and I managed to not get lost!  Awesome.  But anyway, I had a textbook from home that I'd bought with the intention of studying independently (which, uh, didn't really happen...), so I brought that book with me and she looked over it and said it looks good, so I'm gonna be working through it with her.  Which means I have to actually, like, study Japanese now.  Imagine that.

☆  Movie night last night, which was The Matrix.  I actually ended up watching it twice because I watched it on Thursday night in order to prepare questions for the discussion.  It's been forever since I've seen it, so watching it twice in two days was actually kind of awesome.  It's such an interesting movie for so many different reasons, so the discussion was good, although the group was a bit small this time.  And then a couple of girls stayed with Becky and I since it was too late to take the train back home, which was fun.  One of the girls is an American who teaches English, I believe, at a church in Yokkaichi, the next town over, so it was cool getting to know her a little bit.

☆ It is becoming evident that God is moving in the hearts of some of the people Becky and Carol have been interacting with, who I am just getting to know.  It's very exciting to see.

☆  You all knew this was coming...eating.  Food pictures for the past few days:

Wednesday: Hayashi rice made by Becky.

Apparently Thursdays are Casa Mia days.  We all shared~  This spaghetti has eggplant and...mushrooms?  I forget.

Spinach fettuccini with ham in cream sauce.

Margherita pizza.

Friday: Indian curry from a place called Karakatta.  This is the chicken curry.  Look at the cute chopsticks!

...and then the nan bread arrived.  IT WAS AMAZING.

Which brings us to today.  Becky went to Nagoya, so I spent the first part of my day on my own.  I decided to go bike riding around Tsu, so first I went to the bakery, where I got some awesome pizza bread, curry bread, and a couple other things.  And then I went to hit up my Mountain Dew vending machine~  After that I ended up riding along the beach for a while.  It's no Hawaii, but I love the ocean, and it's really nice and warm today, so it was a really nice bike ride.  And then I have a class later tonight.  

Tomorrow is going to be pretty awesome though, I think.  :D  Becky, Carol and I are going with Aki-san and his wife, Rieko-san, to see ~illumination~.  I can't wait!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! :D I'm glad you're settling in. C: That's always something nice!
    Oh, man, the Matrix! I haven't seen that in ages! I wonder what I would think of it now. Hm.
    I never went to an Indian restaurant while I was there, but I'm shocked by the chopsticks. I don't know, but it just seems so weird seeing chopsticks at an Indian restaurant. XD But, OMG, naan! /wants some now XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. kitty chopsticks! do you know...we went to crazy sushi last weekend and i was using the chopsticks to eat my rolls and doing a good job! (except danielle said she thought i was kind of squeezing them a little hard, lol) YEAH for no more fork usage!

    ReplyDelete