Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let It Snow Baby...Let It Reindeer

In case you're wondering about the title of this post, it's the title of Relient K's Christmas album.  This is what I call Christmas music.  It's the Christmas season now, so I figured it was about time.

So today was actually pretty busy.  There was church, and then brief choir practice (we're singing O Holy Night on Christmas Eve, I think.  In Japanese, of course).  After that, a few of us went to a convenience store to pick up some lunch, where I found this, which was too good not to take a picture of.

It's black melon bread.  I don't even know, you guys.  Only in Japan.

Anyway, so we went back to church and ate, and then helped out with a church work day, which mainly consisted of spreading gravel.  After that, a few of us had a Bible study (there's a young people's Bible study once a month on Sunday afternoons), and by the time that was over, it was already 4pm, so Becky and I left to get ready for Crossroad.  

The theme for Crossroad tonight was Thanksgiving, so I talked a little bit about what Thanksgiving in America is life (Becky referred to me as a "real American"), we sang some Thanksgiving-type praise songs (can anybody guess which ones?), did a couple of activities, and Aoki-sensei from Kyoto spoke, which was really great.


Afterwards we had snacks and tea, and among the snacks were some of the pies from the baking day yesterday.  I never had sweet potato pie before coming to Japan but I am definitely a fan.  I met a few new people today, including a couple of really nice ladies who live in Matsusaka, and a girl who's from California who teaches English.  People ended up staying to chat for about an hour after Crossroad was officially over.

So yeah, this post isn't quite as epic as my last one, but I'm keeping relatively busy!  Tomorrow should be fun.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're fitting in so well. Make sure you
    FYI 1700 yen is a tad over $20. 1000y is about $12.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete