Friday, November 5, 2010

Exploring!

Today I didn't have anywhere to be until 4, so I took the opportunity to 1. be lazy and 2. explore a little bit.  As for number 1, I slept in until around 10, read for a little while, talked to my family on Skype :D, and just generally sat around.  And then I proceeded to get my act together and basically just walk down the street for a while to see what's there.  My first stop was the closest conbini (convenience store), where I picked up a drink and some onigiri, one with salmon and one egg fried rice, which were delicious.  After that, I visited a music/video store/rental place, which was pretty exciting.  It doesn't seem like they have everything as far as recent stuff, but they have a pretty decent amount, including American music and movies and even tv shows.  For example, I was excited when I saw this:


Criminal Minds is known in Japan!  :D  And I mean, obviously it's not totally caught up, buuuut they do have the first few seasons available for rent.  I might have to take advantage of that at some point.  I also saw this:


IT DOES COME OUT ON THE 19TH HERE.  I'd heard that it would be coming out way later, so yay!  I'll have to find a time to find where the movie theater is, lol, and see it.

Anyway, I spent kind of a while in there, then walked down relatively far, until I reached a grocery store, where I bought a few things.  (Apples here are like more than a dollar each...  ;__;)  Then, as I headed back, I stopped at the bakery and bought a few bakeries.  Japanese bakeries are the best~  ☆

After that, I sat in on one of Becky's classes and a couple of Carol's, which was fun.  Lots of good kids.  :D  There are adult classes too, but it looks like I'm probably gonna take over mostly kid/teenager classes, which is fine by me!  And then we at the Center had a movie night where we watched The Truman Show, which I haven't seen in a long time and I forgot how good it is!  We had a good discussion afterwards, and I had the chance to meet some new and awesome people.  Everyone I've met in Japan so far has been really nice and friendly (and really impressed by the fact that I speak Japanese, haha).  Fun times!

Tomorrow the university is having a festival, and I'm super excited to go!  :D  And then Sunday and Monday I'll be in Kyoto!  Ahhh so much excitement~  ☆

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you arrived in Japan safe and sound Amber!

    I'll try to check your blog regularly for updates.

    Enjoy your stay there! (how long are you going to be there? 2 years?)

    *hugs* <3

    p.s. It's Joanna from LJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Amber. I am looking forward to reading all about your adventures. I am glad you are enjoying it. :)
    P.S. Fun fact: we use the same deodorant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna: Yes, two years! :D
    Kimberly: Haha, nice!

    ReplyDelete