Monday, November 15, 2010

Mondays Can Be Fun

It's Monday!  Which most people don't exactly look forward to, but Monday is our day off here at the Center.  Today we used it to prepare for the Fall Baking Day event in a couple of days, so Becky and I went over to Carol's, where we rolled out a bunch of pie dough and prepped (but didn't bake) a bunch of little apple pies.  Carol's a great teacher so I now know excellent pie-making technique, believe it or not.  Photographic evidence of my newfound baking skills:

Look at all the pies we made!  :D  

As a bonus, have some pictures from Carol's seventh story balcony.  She has a great view, and the clouds looked really cool today!

It's no Tokyo, but I really like it here in Tsu.  :D

So while we were still at Carol's, Becky's friend Yukari came over, and after we finished up the pies, we sat down and had homemade mochas and leftover pie crust baked with cinnamon and spent some time chatting.  And then, after devising a way to carry all the pies back to the Center to freeze them, Becky, Yukari and I went to eat at Coco's, which I'm pretty sure I've seen in America but I've never eaten there?  The food was reasonably good, but the best part was definitely the drink bar!  For an additional cost, you get unlimited drinks, which includes soda, coffee, tea, etc.  It was awesome!  I elected melon soda at first, and after I finished my meal, I had a caramel latte-type thing.  <3

Chicken doria, corn soup and melon soda.  Why doesn't America have melon soda??

After spending some time there talking and hanging out, we went back to our place to play Yukari's Wii that she brought along with her.  She had Wii Party, which I've totally been wanting to play!  It was really fun!  There were lots of games with sheep in them for some reason, haha, and I think those ended up being my and Becky's favorites.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures of Yukari because she was the one taking them!  But we had a lot of fun hanging out and I'm sure it'll happen again, so next time~  Yay, I made a new friend today.  :D

Most likely, I am failing in this picture.

These are our ~game faces~.  

So yeah, I had a lot of fun today.  :D








4 comments:

  1. I'm especially always very very jealous of the foods every time I read your posts, haha. But I'm really glad you've been enjoying your stay so far! And it's awesome how your Mondays are off days! I'm not complaining about this because I'm on a break myself, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the BRIGHT yellow duck tissue holder that made into the pictures like it was on purpose ahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mondays, too! I always get a chuckle out of my friends who are complaining about Monday on Facebook since we are getting the day off:) It doesn't seem so terrible to start the week on Tuesday!
    Looks like you guys had a great day! I made a new friend, too! A missionary from Canada!
    Love the game faces:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuri: Haha, yeah, apparently Becky likes ducks, so...

    Shan: I agree! And awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete