Thursday, December 2, 2010

So I guess I should post...

Not a whole lot of exciting stuff has been going on around here for the past few days, at least for me.  I mean, there has been some exciting stuff, like Carol's class with one of our friends who's been asking a lot of really great questions about faith and Christianity.  But that's not really something you take pictures of and write witty commentary about, right?  Although it is the reason that I'm here.

But anyway.  The reason I haven't posted since Monday is because I personally haven't had a whole lot going on.  On Tuesday, Carol, Becky and I had a meeting to discuss what we're doing for the rest of the month, including Christmas, which was pretty exciting.  We then went to dinner and did some grocery shopping, and then Becky and I went through the Christmas decorations (and man, there are a LOT o_0) and decorated one of the two classrooms.

On Wednesday, the three of us went to lunch at a place that's literally a ten second walk from the Center, which is a pretty simple place (and unfortunately allows smoking), but we want to be good neighbors to them.  And one of these days we'll have to take advantage of their karaoke, which we know they have because we have heard some pretty terrible singing while walking by, haha.  We did a little bit of decorating outside, and I had a couple of classes after that.  I have the cutest 8-year-old boy in my beginning English class, and while it can be a challenge to communicate (thank goodness I at least know some Japanese or he'd never know what I'm talking about), he's starting to catch on, and he's pretty competitive, so playing games with him is a lot of fun.  I feel like we're starting to become friends.  :)

Thursday was pretty chill for me.  I had Japanese in the morning, which went well.  My teacher is super nice.  She gave me some Andes mints because she thought it'd be nostalgic for me.  I love Andes mints!  :D  I saw this while walking to her house:

I was trying to get to class so this isn't the best picture, but lol, anybody want to join the Mie Futbull Clab?

I spent the rest of my day preparing lessons, running a couple of errands, going to dinner, and just kind of hanging out.  I was supposed to have a class at 8, but I had a feeling none of the girls would show up (it's a busy time for tests right now), and I was right.  Also, it was pouring rain like crazy last night.  You can really hear it in this building.  o_0  

...you didn't think I wasn't going to post any food pictures, did you?  I just saved them all for the end.  :D

Curry udon with katsu and fried mochi.  It was SO GOOD.  One of the best things I've eaten since I've been in Japan.  Maybe because I love curry, udon, katsu and mochi, so putting them together was like an EXPLOSION OF AMAZINGNESS.  /overdramatic

The lunch set from the place by the Center.  I got karaage (fried chicken).

Yesterday's dinner at Casa Mia: smoked salmon and mushroom penne.

Today is gonna be pretty busy, so I'm looking forward to it.  We're watching It's a Wonderful Life tonight for movie night!



3 comments:

  1. i think you should stop posting so many pictures of food and start posting more pictures of your students and such. i get hungry reading your blog LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever eat at home??
    By the way, did you feel the earthquake the hit on the 29th? It was a 6.9 at about 12:30pm your time. Gpa Carpenter asked about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about your students. You said you could use more games to play with them. How about giving a list of what you have so we could maybe send some more. Oh ya, also tell what age group you're looking for games for. Oh by the way, this is not your Pop, it's your mom.
    XO

    ReplyDelete