Thursday, December 9, 2010

Small Accomplishments

Today I was busy pretty much all day!  Here's a rundown:

☆ Japanese in the morning.  Ishikawa-sensei gave me some apples to share with Carol and Becky, and also Christmas gifts for us!  Super sweet of her.

☆ Ran to the grocery store with Carol and Becky.

☆ Went to the post office to get some cash and send a package to my family.

☆ Went to the post office again to use the ATM to pay for my bus ticket to Tokyo for New Years (!!).  I was by myself and was having some trouble with the machine, what with not really being able to read it and all, but one of the workers came and helped me.  He was incredibly nice and patient with my limited Japanese!  I think all of the people in that post office are wonderful.

☆ Talked to my family on Skype.  About important things.  Yes.  *cough*

☆ Went over music for our Christmas event with Becky, Nao-chan (who plays the flute), and Shouko-san (who plays the piano).  I was on guitar, and yeah.  I need to practice...  But Nao-chan and Shouko-san are really good, so I think it's gonna be great!

☆ Went to dinner at Casa Mia as per usual, but this time it was for Carol's birthday!  After the meal, she got this really amazing dessert platter that she shared with us.  All the workers came out to sing to her (in Italian), and they were all so nice!  It was pretty cool.  :)



☆  Had class with three teenage girls.  They didn't come last week, and it's actually been a while since all three of them have been there, so it was good!  They're a pretty funny group.

☆  Baked a cake!  Hopefully it turned out good~  There will be pictures tomorrow.  :D

☆  Helped Becky do some decorating in our apartment.  We've spent so much time decorating the Center that we only just now got to our own place!

☆  Now writing this post.  Sleepy from a busy day.  So yeah, I'm going to bed now~  ☆ 



No comments:

Post a Comment