Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Guess what?

I forgot to take food pictures yesterday!  How could I!  I mean, yeah, there will still be a couple of food pictures in this post, but not as many as usual!  My blog, it will never be the same.  And before people ask me, the following is a short note to the Japanese people who told me that they, too, have been checking my blog.  This blog sure seems to be getting around!

で!日本人もこのブロッグを読んでるみたいね!ごめんね、ほとうんど全部英語を書いてて。でも、ふつに写真がたくさんあるから、ぜひ見てください。♪ それとも、いい英語の練習になるかもしれない?(笑)

So anyway!  Let me start off with the one food picture I have, which is from Monday.  It's pork ginger that Becky and I made, and it was pretty fantastic.  But the real reason I took this picture was to prove to my dad that I do not, in fact, eat out for every meal.  >_>


So yeah, Monday!  Becky and I got some more decorating done, so that we are more or less finished with decorating downstairs except for maybe putting up some lights outside and some finishing touches.  Now we just need to decorate our own apartment...  >_>  

Yesterday was a bit more eventful though!  I went to the post office to ask a question about sending packages, and I felt very accomplished that not only was I able to ask in Japanese, I more or less understood the answer!  Yay, a marginal amount of independence!  I went to do some shopping at Saty after that (for my family, I bet you guys are wondering what I got you, mwahahahaha, but sorry Ryan, no melon soda), and ended up eating at McDonald's because it was there and I was kind of starving.  I tried the new limited time sandwich: the Texas Burger.  And it was AMAZING.  I've never had such a good burger at McDonald's.  It had two beef patties, onion straws, bacon, barbecue sauce, and some other stuff I think...and it was SO GOOD.  All of you guys in America should be jealous that you can't enjoy its deliciousness.

So after that I sat in on a class with Carol, and then Becky, Carol and I met to plan for upcoming events and such.  And then?  We went to Saty, so my second time there that day, haha.  But it was for grocery shopping this time.  And then Carol and Becky got food at McDonald's, but since I had plans to eat later, I just had some AMAZING ice cream at Baskin-Robbins called Candyman, which was chocolate ice cream with caramel and little candy pieces in it...  Ahhhh writing about it makes me want to go get some again.

So from there, we dropped off our groceries and Carol went to class, and Becky and I went to gospel choir, which was a little extra interesting this week because a reporter and cameraman from a local cable channel were there taping us!  They also interviewed Becky and another guy.  So yeah, I guess we don't get that channel, but I'm fairly certain that I'm gonna be on tv, haha.  I'm also starting to get a handle on the songs, which are simple but really fun to sing (and one has some serious hand motions haha).

And after that, around 10, I met up with Alicia, who has quickly become one of my favorite people ever, and we went to eat at Gusto, a popular hangout for Mie University students (which is evident by the amount of bikes that were outside when we got there).  We ended up staying there for probably close to three hours, talking about life and God and all kinds of things and just generally getting to know each other better.  It's sad that we only get to be together until her exchange program ends in February, but we fully intend to make the most of the time we have.  <3

Which brings me to today!  Carol came over for lunch and we did some more planning for Crossroad this Sunday and for Christmas, and it seems like things are starting to come together, which is great.  I then had class with my fourth grade boy, who was super sleepy and unresponsive until I forced him to get up and sing a song with me, which he wouldn't do with any enthusiasm until I convinced him that we would play a game later if he did a good job.  After that he started getting really eager to hurry up and get to the game, and class got a lot more fun.  He wanted to play Speed but he couldn't remember the rules, haha, so we ended up playing Memory, but he started to give up and goof off when he realized he was losing.  Typical boy.  By the end of class he was almost out of control, total 180 from the beginning of class!  So that was interesting.

The rest of the day has been pretty chill.  I had class with my two sweet middle school girls, I did a little Japanese homework and lesson prep, had dinner, etc.  I have a feeling the rest of the week is going to be pretty eventful though!

Oh, I almost forgot!  Have some Engrish pictures from the hundred yen store (which seems to be the best place for this kind of thing).

I love those metaric gift ties.  Classic.

And that lame glue.  Okay, so it says "rame" in Japanese, which must mean something, but to romanize it as "lame" was probably not the best idea.

This isn't Engrish, but it was pretty delicious.  I actually bought these last week but I forgot about them until today.  I'm not too convinced that they tasted like "Mexican tacos" though.

And a bonus picture of yours truly, since my iPhone has a spiffy front facing camera.  Sorry about the not-so-great lighting, but I was too lazy to move, haha.




2 comments:

  1. The glue is probably lame with the accent mark over the e as in gold lame since there are all of those sparkly things. Still engrish-y, though. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a phone number? texting??

    ReplyDelete