Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Staying Afloat

So I haven't done anything really ~major~ since my last blog post, but it has been a little while, so I may as well try to stay caught up, right??

TUESDAY 2/22


Meeting at Mr. Donuts, went grocery shopping and then to dinner afterwards.

Caesar salad.

I think this was some kind of hamburger doria?  It was super good.

No gospel choir after that, so I think I just went home and chilled, did some lesson planning and stuff?  So it was a pretty quiet day.

WEDNESDAY 2/23


Did some shopping in the afternoon.  I finally checked out a second hand store that I've walked by a million times.  I got a shirt, a scarf and a pair of Converse for less than 30 bucks.  I'll be visiting again for sure.  Also bought a couple of cd's.  After that, I had classes...and I think that's about it.

THURSDAY 2/24


Japanese class in the morning, short meeting in the afternoon, went to dinner.  My Thursday night class cancelled for the second week in a row (it's test season), so I did some stuff for the Center and watched a little tv.

FRIDAY 2/25


Becky had lunch plans, so I had some awesome stew at Carol's house for lunch.  And then I had my regular classes.  One of my high school girls is graduating and will be going to college in Tokyo in April.  I really love the class I have with her and one other teenage girl, so I'm going to miss her.  </3  But she's really smart, so I know she'll do great in Tokyo!

After class, Becky was out with a friend, so I went to go see Ashita no Joe, a boxing movie based on a manga.  (It happens to star an actor I like, okay.)  It was pretty decent, even though the way they talked- i.e. fast and without enunciating- made it kind of hard for me to understand what they were saying.  But I enjoyed it!  And then I came home and Becky and her friend (a friend of ours from gospel choir) were home, so we chatted for a while.  It was a pretty nice day.  :)

SATURDAY 2/26


a.k.a. Chili Making Day.  Earlier in the day, Noriko came over to give Becky something, and then Becky roped her into helping brown some meat for our chili.  After that, the three of us went to lunch.  Then Becky had other plans, so I met up with Carol, and we worked on changing our decorations from Valentine's to general spring/Saint Patrick's Day.  And then we worked on making coleslaw (aka cutting up lots of veggies), and when Becky came home she helped too.  I only cut myself a little bit in the process of slicing a million carrots haha.  The chili wasn't too hard; we basically opened up a ton of cans and dumped them into giant pots along with the meat Noriko and Becky had browned earlier that day.  Later that night, our friends and students, Akifumi-san and Rieko-san, came over to let us borrow something, and stayed to help us decorate for the next night.  Super nice of them!

SUNDAY 2/27


Church obviously, and then after church was young adults.  We had a "pasta buffet."  The different kinds of pasta sauces/flavors you can get in packages here are amazing!  Everything was really good.

lol hi, my name is Amber and I take pictures of food instead of people.

So we ate, had our Bible study and prayer time, and then Becky and I had to leave just a little early to get ready for that night's Crossroad.  If you were wondering what all the chili was for, it was for chili night!

The room setup.  There were little cups of coleslaw on the tables.

It was over rice, so it was really chili donburi haha.  It was really good!

We had some really great helpers~

And our guest speakers, the Mizukamis.  Aurelio gave his testimony and Laurie translated, and then they sang Casting Crown's "Who Am I" in English and Portuguese (he's Brazilian).  It was so good!

So we had tea time afterwards, and later while we were cleaning up, Noriko, who had been busy earlier, came to eat chili haha.  So I ended up chatting with her for a while, and then Carol, Becky, and Paul Ewing and Izumi-sensei (both there for a meeting) joined us, so it was pretty fun.  :D

So yeah, this isn't the most exciting blog post ever haha, but this is what I've been doing!  This week has been pretty uneventful so far as well, so I'll wait a little longer to post about it~  It's March now, and I do have a few exciting things coming up!










No comments:

Post a Comment