Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Day at a Time

So, with the exception of my post about the aftermath of the earthquake/tsunamis, I haven't posted in my blog for over a month.  Epic, epic fail.  -_-;;  And it's definitely not for lack of doing anything!  I've actually kinda been doing tons of pretty cool stuff, so I have a lot to blog about.  Since I'm on spring break from today (Thursday) until next Tuesday, I figured I should try to get caught up.  Let's see how well my planner and pictures will help me remember what I've been doing all month...  There will probably be days missing if I either can't remember or didn't do anything noteworthy.  I think you'll get over it.

TUESDAY 3/1


If I remember correctly, Becky had her last class in Nagoya on this day, so we didn't have our usual afternoon meeting until Thursday.  As a result, I spent my day chilling at home, reading and chatting on Skype, and going out to do some shopping later in the afternoon (I would've gone earlier but it had been raining, and while rain would never stop me in America, in Japan I get around by bike, so...).  I ate dinner at McDonald's, hoping that the new Manhattan Burger had started, but it hadn't, so I think I had the Salt & Lemon Icon Chicken sandwich, which was pretty fantastic.  And then Becky and I had gospel choir, and our friend Nori-chan came too.  After gospel choir, Carol called, inviting us to dessert with our friend Julia.  We went to Gusto, a family restaurant.  I got a chocolate banana sundae.  There was some kind of Kix-like cereal underneath the ice cream, because apparently cereal belongs in parfaits in Japan.


...and then I decided that I was hungry and ordered a vegetable doria, which was delicious.  Yay for late-night meals?

FRIDAY 3/4

Carol, Becky and I went out for lunch, which, I found out later, was apparently to celebrate Becky's one year anniversary of returning to Japan after seminary.  We went to the little French restaurant that's near us.  Everything I've eaten there has been amazing.  This was sausage doria or something like that.  Doria at family restaurants is good and all...but nothing compared to this.


And then I had classes and ran a couple of quick errands.  While I was out, I got my first Manhattan Burger at McDonald's (I've had it twice altogether).  In addition to the burger, it has pastrami, mozzarella (?) cheese, and sour cream sauce.  It's super good.  Too bad it's already gone and I don't know if it'll ever make a comeback...


In the evening we had movie night, where we watched Will Smith's Pursuit of Happyness.  Such a good movie~  ;__;

SATURDAY 3/5

We had our monthly event, a Ladies Tea, on this day.  Over the days previous to this, we'd been making various preparations for it, like getting decorations together, starting to bake, etc.  Joan Stoller, our fellow missionary who lives near Nagoya, came to speak about her hobby, pottery, and the concept of God as a potter and us as the clay.  Thanks especially to Carol, the decorations and food were wonderful, and Joan's message was wonderful!  Everyone who came had a great time.


Julia and Ana, who were indispensable in getting all the food ready that morning!


Joan's collection of salt and pepper shakers.  Yep, these are all salt and pepper shakers.


Just a small part of Joan's pottery collection.

Carol hard at work!

A complete plate.  Everything was really good!

Joan speaking.

We had a roomfull of people!  It was a huge success!  We got great feedback from people too!

So the event was over at 3pm, and I spent most of the rest of my day reading, watching tv, and trying not to fall asleep ridiculously early.  And I cooked potatoes in the microwave and topped them with broccoli, ham and cheese. It was delicious.

And that's it for this post!  I might post again later today~

No comments:

Post a Comment